In terms of design probably the most ambitious building in Radeče, protected today as a monument of local importance.
built around 1575
after numerous alterations, it retained its original core
protected as a monument of local importance
The Turn mansion, built around 1575 by the Counts of Višnja Gora, still proudly stands and defies time in the old town center, on the Starograjska street.
Despite numerous alterations, the building retained its original core. The uniform exterior of the building was designed and created while in ownership of Count Gutmannsthal-Benvenuti in 1860, and his Neo-Renaissancecoat of arms can still be seen on the façade of the building.
Today, the Turn mansion is residential house and is protected as a monument of local importance.
Who were the owners of the Turn mansion?
It was built by the Counts of Višnja Gora, then it became the property of the Lambergs, Moscons, Mordaxes and the Augustinian Hermits from Ljubljana. Between 1784-1827 the mansion was state-owned and then the ownership passed to Anton Anschak. Until about 1860 it was owned by Anton Julij Barbo and then by the Gutmannstahl-Benvenuti family.
Leta 1927 so sestre usmiljenke Sv. Vincencija prevzele delo v hiralnici – domu onemoglih, ki jo je v dvorcu Turn ustanovil že Nikolaj Gutmannstahl-Benvenuti. Delo sester je potekalo do 28. maja 1941, ko so oskrbovance izselili. Po osvoboditvi je bila v dvorcu Turn ambulanta.